Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Angry.

I really need a job that is not here.

I just got yelled at because my boss had to come in and work yesterday (and so did I, by the way, bossman!). He's mad because his baseball tournament is next weekend and I've made plans to be in Denver to make plans for my wedding. MY WEDDING. He said, "It's your responsibility to make sure those shifts are covered, whether you have to switch things around or work a different shift!" and, "You still have a job to do here." I'm sorry, but I've slaved for you too many times without appropriate compensation to deem my voicetracking shift more important than getting married.

What about all the times I was here thirteen or fourteen hours in a row without a break because someone didn't come in? What about the stretch of time I worked 50 days in a row without a day off? How about Labor Day weekend last year when I was in this building for 20 hours straight, only to return less than 6 hours later so we could get the new computer system figured out? What about when I bend over backwards to get a whole new category of music into rotation and all you do is buy my lunch?

I am getting sick to death of this routine. How about giving me a raise to match my performance? Oh, wait, painting our offices is MUCH more important...we should definitely spend a thousand dollars on that.

Is it this way everywhere? I hope not. I hate the feeling of being screwed all the time.

3 comments:

Roach Momma said...

Hi Joe,

I'm a friend of Katrina's by marriage (my hubby went to hs with her). I don't know if she's had a chance to tell you, but I'm from Denver and still have some connections. What kind of job are you looking for? I hope I can help :) I know what it's like to work at a place you don't like. I know something will work out for you soon so you and Katrina can be together! We're looking forward to the big day and meeting you (whichever comes first)!! Oh and congratulations on the engagement as well! :)

betsyann said...

Ummmm....

At least...(looking for a bright side)...(Pollyanna)...

You don't have to do that job, with those crummy bits, outside in the heat while wearing a chicken suit and having chicken lovers throw blood on you?

And it'll be over soon. I like to think ahead to the future and remember that no matter what, this part will be over by then. So by October 21, even IF you don't have a job, you won't be working there, and you'll be livin' on love.

Drrty Joe said...

Betsy, I love the bright side:) Thank you for the positive perspective and encouragement! Yours and Matthew's, and Anna's friendship is precious to me, and I'm so thankful for this wonderful time of getting to know you all!