Friday, July 13, 2007

At War

I have alot on my heart this morning. These verses are standing out to me:



1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

1 John 4:12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.

James 4:7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.



I'm feeling pretty attacked lately. Not by anything of this world, but on a spiritual level. I have a wonderful relationship. There are many reasons why, but the simple list includes elements like our ability to communicate, to be honest and real with eachother no matter the issue, our connection, our mutual desire to seek Godly things, our compassion for others, and many more characteristics that prove to me everyday that Katrina is my One.

Satan hates us. He hates everything good. He hates the way we communicate with God, and our desire to be closer to Jesus. He will be unscrupulous in his method to destroy us, but because we have accepted the sacrifice of Christ's death and resurrection, we have been given the power to deny the evil one.

This is all head knowledge for me, but each day, the heart knowledge of these facts grows.

I still haven't quite processed exactly what I'm trying to say, but it's taking shape. Perhaps opening the floor to discussion will help me figure it out.

Thank you for letting me share.

No comments: