Monday, July 13, 2009

Life Updates

Holy Monkey, it's been too long.

For those who still read the blog, just some updates:

I've finally been playing some gigs! I played off and on with a Tejano and Disco band back in April through June, and currently I'm subbing in the country/classic rock outfit High Horses for the next few weeks, culminating in a long weekend of bookings in Cheyenne during Frontier Days, Holyoke, CO, for Nebraska singer, "Lexi", and on up to Ogallala, Nebraska for some gigs up there.

I've submitted my band Third Wheel Legend into another contest-this one for a chance to perform in October in a Nashville festival.

I've also submitted a song for a couple of high profile country artists to consider for future recording projects.

I guess I need to quit being a ninny and put myself out there if I ever want a chance at songs getting published and recorded.

Well, other than some nice chances to relax at the lake and work kicking my butt, that's about it.

Until next time!

2 comments:

betsyann said...

That's fun! What song? Which artists? Are these secret details?

Drrty Joe said...

Well, the deadline to submit is July 23 for both artists, and I'll for sure let people know what happens. For now, I should probably refrain from telling who I sent "completely" to. It's extremely exciting!