Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce! (Hornsby)

Can't help but recommend a track.

I'm so lucky I found it, but on a whim I downloaded some stuff from Itunes the other night and found a real gem. There's a new compilation album produced by Del McCoury (bluegrass artist) called Moneyland just released last July. On this album is a new arrangement of The Way It Is, with Bruce Hornsby playing a solo piano accompaniment with some subtle gospel quarted backgrounds provided by the Fairfield Four. Please check it out. I realize I'm probably the only one to openly weep at the arrangement or the piano tone, but I am almost sure you will be touched by the sensitivity of this version.

Copy this link for a clip:

http://www.amazon.com/Moneyland-Del-McCoury/dp/B00197XF9G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1221972473&sr=8-1

3 comments:

betsyann said...

OK, I did the cut and paste thing and I'm waiting for it to come up, but in the meantime, did you know you can hyperlink in the blog really easily?

It's the little blue chain sort of picture at the top when you're composing.

now listening. another comment in a minute maybe.

betsyann said...

very nice.

I want some soothing piano music, instrumental or otherwise, if it has lyrics they need to be honest. Whaddya got for me?

Drrty Joe said...

Ugly Love by the Eels
The Luckiest by Ben Folds
True Companion by Marc Cohn
Be Still by Steven Curtis Chapman

There are a ton more that aren't coming to me right now, but that's a start anyways:)