Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash...

Okay, not so much.

What is it with classic country music?

When I was younger, I hated it. Abhorred it. My only exposure to country music was in my early years with Alabama, Oak Ridge Boys, and Eddie Rabbitt. And Hee Haw. And later, TNN at my grandma's.

Then I went to junior high and got into heavy metal. Stayed in headbanger mode for a long time. Then I got a job at a country radio station in College, and that flipped a switch in me.

Now, I can't imagine not ever liking Waylon, Willie, Johnny, or George...

I'm a weirdo.

2 comments:

betsyann said...

How could anyone not like it? It's just so good!

LP Cards Fan said...

It took me a while to come around but I started to like classic country once in my 30s. I still love the Blues and old rock'n'roll but there are times you just have to put on Johnny.